Verru: A taste of Baltic cuisine in Marylebone

Duck Lamb Verru Buon Appetito

I had no idea what to expect when I was invited to dinner at Verru. I hadn't heard of it before and wasn't sure what Baltic cuisine would entail. So having no preconceived notions or expectations, I made my way down to Marylebone lane and found my self in a tiny, utterly charming restaurant. It felt like there were no more then 10 tables inside and you could be totally forgiven for walking right past the restaurant like I did initially.

I had my first taste of Estonian food with the a starter of pickled herring and while I found the herring a bit too strong for my taste, I really did like the tuna tartar it came with. What really impressed me were the mains. I had the duck which was lovely and my dinner companion had the lamb which was gorgeous. I'm definitely going to order that the next time I go but then again the menu changes constantly so I look forward to trying something new. Paired with sides of spinach and chips - it was quite a satisfying meal. And to end with we had the apple crumble and creme brulee - both were faultless.




Service was lovely and it's a rather romantic place to have dinner - all the low lighting creates a cozy, inviting atmosphere. Definitely a place to go to for an intimate dinner.

Verru

69 Marylebone Lane London W1H2PU
0207 935 0858

http://www.verru.co.uk/


Verru on Urbanspoon

Comments