José




José was brilliant. Totally lived up to the hype J



The ham croquettes were divine and my friend and I ordered them twice because we couldn’t get enough of them. They were perfect. The perfect combination of creamy and crispy with divine little bits of Iberica ham.

We also had the razor clams that came little pieces of chorizo and subtle mint sauce. Some almonds and olives to nibble on and pan con tomato to start with. The tomato bread was awesome. And I have to say I much prefer the croquettes and pan con tomato at Jose than those at Barrafina (sacrilege, I know)

I tried a glass of Manzanilla sherry. This was my first brush with drinking sherry and I quite liked it.  The staff were pleasant and helpful and I’m definitely going to go back. With 2 more glasses of wine – we paid around 25£ each.

So YES – you must try out Jose if you’re on Bermondsey Street and you love Spanish food.

Ideal for 2 people or even if you’re just going by yourself. Definitely not for more than groups of 3 (very small space). It's the perfect place to catch up with a friend, spending ages talking and eating - which is exactly what I did J

Comments