Ishtar


So after work one day, A. and I decided to walk down Baker street in search of dinner. We couldn’t make up our mind and had vague notions of having Thai food when we saw this Turkish restaurant called Ishtar on Crawford Street. It looked nice but I found their ‘modern Turkish foood’ menu quite exhaustive. But we decided to give it a go and I’m glad we did.


I was fascinated by the pickled fruit and veg in the jars – so pretty! A. ordered a mixed grill dish – basically a plate of every meat possible (lamb, chicken, minced lamb and lamb chops) with rice and I had the hummus with lamb bits on top and Borek (filo pastry with feta and spinach). They also gave us a little free starter of hummus and bread which is always a nice touch. I really liked how they presented the food.

The food was good and when the bill came, we each ended up paying 15£ which was a good deal. Was it a brilliant meal that I would recommend you have to have? – No but if you're in the area and fancy a nice Turkish meal, then yes for sure.


Ishtar
10-12 Crawford St W1U 6AZ
Tel: 020 7224 2446
Tube: Baker Street


Ishtar on Urbanspoon

Comments